Public Policy Alert
Here are 2 important dates for our efforts around the ERA in Illinois–a House hearing on May 7th in Chicago and a rally in Springfield on May 8th.
- Click the down arrow where it says “<Select Subject Matter> and select “SJRCA4.” from the drop down menu.
- Select the circle that says “Proponent”
- Select the circle that says “Record of Appearance Only”
- If you have not registered with an account you must also
- check the box agreeing to the ILGA Terms of Agreement
- complete the “Captcha” verification
(strongly suggest registering, as you can edit if you make an error or change your mind.)
- Click Create (Slip), at the bottom right of the screen. There is a picture of a witness slip below.
He also wants the room to be packed w/ pro ERA supporter s who are well behaved.Rally Day in Springfield, May 8th:
We expect a vote as early as THAT DAY or the next, so we would like as many people there as possible to send an important message to the legislators. The Illinois Senate passed it on April 11th but BOTH sides need to pass it in the same year in order for it to take effect. The Senate and the House have passed it before but not in the same year so it didn’t count.
Thank you for taking action!
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.